Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Navy Movie Trivia Game Winner & Answers Announced!

On August 11, 2009, the Hampton Roads Naval Museum held its luncheon lecture at Vista Point Club, Norfolk Naval Station. The topic was Sailing on the Silver Screen: Hollywood and the U.S. Navy presented by Dr. Lawrence H. Suid. Just for fun, a Navy movie trivia game was offered. Mr. Pete Colon of Portsmouth won the contest. He answered 11 out of 27 correctly. Congratulations!

The answers are below:

Navy Movie Trivia
ANSWERS
At each table is a centerpiece that has three movie film strips. See how many movie titles you can guess. The person with the most correct answers will win a prize! The year the movie was made and a quote from each movie will give you a hint!
Filmstrip #1

1. 1958 - I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair and send him on his way!
South Pacific

2. 1986 - I’m gonna hit the brakes, he’ll fly right by us. You’re gonna do what!?
Top Gun

3. 1966 - This is an island with no boats?
The Russians Are Coming!

4. 1970 - Well, you can tell Lt. Dickinson for me, he couldn’t hit a bull in the butt with a
bass fiddle.
Tora! Tora! Tora!

5. 1954 - I’m a lawyer from Denver, Colorado. Judas, how’d you wind up in a smelly ditch in Korea?
The Bridges at Toko-Ri

6. 1992 - Did you order the Code Red?
A Few Good Men

7. 1945 - Look at me I’m dancing!
Anchors Away!

8. 1982 - I got nowhere else to go.
An Officer and A Gentleman

9. 1957 - The Admiral told me not to tell. The Admiral should’ve told me not to worry.
Hellcats in the Navy

Filmstrip #2

1. 1955 - Where's my plant?
Mister Roberts

2. 1963 - Oh, no, no. Don’t apologize…the most seaworthy thing I’ve seen on this boat.
PT-109

3. 2000 - Navy Diver!, Stand Up!
Men of Honor

4. 1956 - There’s not much air in my drawer Spig and I’m finding it pretty tough to breathe.
Wings of Eagles

5. 1987 - Is daddy a criminal? Your father is a prisoner of war.
In Love & War

6. 1958 - You wanna sing, go to the head!
Run Silent Run Deep

7. 1987 - Just trying to be subtle it’s my job isn't it?
No Way Out

8. 1944 - They’re waving at us. Those guys must be nuts!
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo

9. 1959 - You gotta look at the bright side, you’ve probably got the sexiest chest in the navy.
Operation Petticoat

Filmstrip #3

1. 1954 - What's the matter sir? You look a little edgy. You know what I used to do?
The Bridges at Toko-Ri

2. 1965 - I’ve been anxious to meet an exception, it could very well be you.
The Bedford Incident

3. 1959 - It’s either her or me in this engine room!
Operation Petticoat

4. 1957 - Somehow we must lose him, or kill him.
Enemy Below

5. 1954 - Yes, I reprimanded him and that only took two seconds.
Caine Mutiny

6. 1984 - Hey, aren’t you forgetting something? What? A kiss goodbye.
Purple Hearts

7. 1955 - They are working with a mule. What kind of work.
Francis in the Navy

8. 1958 - Move on, there is nothing to see here, at least not unless you are baying for blood!”
Torpedo Run

9. 1990 - Once more we play our dangerous game, with our old adversaries: the American Navy.
Hunt for Red October




No comments: