Mark your calendars! This winter, HRNM is running a Battle of Hampton Roads watercolor contest. Paint watercolor art relating to the battle and you may win a prize! The Battle of Hampton Roads Watercolor Contest is run by the Hampton Roads Naval Museum to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the battle. Please note the following rules regarding the contest. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-322-3108 with any questions or to submit your registration.
A few guidelines to remember:
- Watercolor art may be developed anytime between now and March 8. March 8 is the deadline for drop off.
- Watercolors must be created on small canvases provided by HRNM.
- All watercolor art must be original and relate to the Battle of Hampton Roads (ships, sailors, battle, etc).
- You must fill out the registration form and email it to email@example.com before you start work on your watercolor. Below is a jpeg of the photo which you can print to fill out. This form is also posted here.
- All watercolors must be dropped off at HRNM by 4pm on Thursday, March 8, 2012.
A few points of interest:
- All watercolor art will be unveiled at HRNM during the FREE After Hours History program on March 8, 2012, at 6pm.
- Watercolors will be placed in different age groups and judged by age group.
- The winner in each age group will receive a prize package from HRNM.
HRNM will provide one day to work on your watercolor art at the museum: Saturday, February 25, anytime between 10am and 4pm. Register to attend that session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you'll participate in our program!